Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Have a cupcake.

I love cupcakes. I love to eat them but mostly I love to look at them. This cupcake is no exception. It comes from the Basic Grey nook and pantry line, which is my all time favorite Basic Grey line. Probably because its chock full of cute little cupcakes, with those yummy doily-ish prints. Love love love. 


 I used the colors from  CR84FN this week to make this card.. They have the yummiest color combos and even yummier inspiration picture. (I used a cupcake in last weeks CR84FN card too! Maybe its because last week's color combo had brown in it too...and to me brown=chocolate.)


I went to Archivers last weekend, hoping to do some crafty shopping. I hadn't bought ANY craft thing in TWO months. TWO MONTHS. I can hardly believe it myself. Anyway, I went to Archivers to break my two month fast. After looking around for a little while, nothing was speaking to me. Nothing tugged at my heart, nothing softly called my name...(I know that you know what I mean) I was so disappointed.
Was I being frugal? Was there really nothing that I wanted to buy? But alas I saw a shelf adorned with little goodies from The Girls Paperie. Ahh yes! So I went home with these adorable die cut pieces of birds, flowers, keys, and clock in pretty shades of pink and aqua.... 
The point of this story? To give you a little background on that pink and brown frame sitting behind the cupcake. And to let you know how that flourished  black and white frame with tiny polka dots came into my life.


The layout was inspired by this sketch from Card Patterns

15 comments:

  1. I also love to eat cupcakes but the disadvantage of eating them is the fact that they're stucked on your hips before you know :)
    And therefor I'd love to look at them; especially when they are as beautiful as this one on your card!(which is gorgeous too!)
    Thanks so much for playing along at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is just so gorgeous!! I adore all the beautiful layerings of papers!! Great job :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, LOVE the cupcake first and foremost! YUMMY card! LOVE the sparkles on the wrapper! LOVE the frames and papers and your FAB bow! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, gorgeous! Love the cupcake and all the different elements you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pure eye candy Therese! Love the big paper pieced cupcake and all the layers! That SWEET bingo card is the icing on the cupcake! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a FAB card love the layers of elements!
    I want to just dive into all this loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous shabby chic card. I love the cupcake and all those lovely layers!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card makes me want to swoon. Bliss. I love every scrumptios detail. Lordy me! I agree that BG N&P is a stellar line. I love their cupcake wrapper the best. You've really showcased it well in all its frilly glory. Utterly drool-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scrumptious!!! Love this card! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN! Such a beautiful take on the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! I just love this... I love all the little details, and how you turned a simple sketch into such a stunning card. Thank you so much for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a delish card! Love all your elements! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just so lovely, Danielle! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the layers...and all the chocolatey sweet pieces you have on your blog lately. Brown and pink screams chocolate with pink frosting and it's all yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Danielle this is such a sweet card! Love all the little details. Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad I saw this over on CardPatterns. Congratulations! I've never met someone that admitted their love of Cupcakes like me. I too love to eat them (I had one for breakfast ;o) But don't they just make you happy all over, just looking at them. This is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete