Monday, April 25, 2011

A couple of tags


Hi friends, sorry I've been a little MIA here on the blog....been busy with life, you know how it goes...spring cleaning, kids, kids, kids, cleaning... ;o)
I do have a few more cards to show you but today its time for The Shabby Tea Room challenge! 
This week's challenge is to use butterflies on your card or project! Fun! 
For the tag above, I used a digi stamp (Lilly and Leo) from this week's sponsor, Stamp Fairy. I wanted to stay with the style of the drawing so I kept everything pretty clean and fresh...which I think turned out pretty well! ;o)
 I colored the little girl with Copic markers, and gave her dress some little polka dots. The patterned paper you see at the bottom of the tag is from Crate Paper's Emma's Shoppe. Love LOVE that collection! 


I thought I would try something different this week, since I usually only make cards.
So I dressed up this little kraft pocket and manila tag! It was fun to have a different 'canvas' to work with, and you'll be seeing more things like this from me in the future! 
Anyway, for this tag I used stamps from Maya Road (doilies), PTI (sentiment), and Prima (butterfly), I also used some Emma's Shoppe Crate Paper scrap, velvet ribbon, and Martha Stewart doily. 


The tag inside the pocket was stamped with more doilies, I left it just like that so I can write a message on it. I'm really in love with the color combo I used this week...dark pink, aqua, turquoise... its so fresh! 


The Shabby Girls have some beautiful things to show you, so make sure to stop by their blogs too!

Debbie Marcinkiewicz -  Simple Treasures

Charlene Cundy - Expresstions of Me!

Melissa Bove - Creating From the Heart

Pattie Goldman - The Pampered Paper Patch

Sheri Holt - My Sheri Cards

13 comments:

  1. Love your cute tag and pocket ;)
    The doily background is perfect for that cutie butterfly and sweet Lilli stamp!
    Hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable and oh so clever, Danielle! I {heart} that sweet kraft pocket and matching tag -- wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE! I love that little pocket idea! Those MS doilies are one of my favorite things too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! Love the tag and the use of MS doilies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! I love the doily detail and the dimension of the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pocket and tag idea! Great coloring on the sweet Lili image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tags! The cutie pie with the flutterby wings is just divine! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree - love the color combo you used - so fresh & beautiful! And love the doilies and butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very adorabable tag with the little girl...so pretty...a cute set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww... Such sweet and adorable tags! Just love the colors! Hugs & Sunshine!/sari

    ReplyDelete
  11. Danielle, this is so great! Your outer bag is so beautiful with that decorated doily, and then the inner tag with the adorable little girl digi--so sweet and pretty and it's like a nice hidden surprise! I think a little girl would love this!

    ReplyDelete