Saturday, September 10, 2011

One layer card challenge


Hi there! So, there's another Wee Memories challenge for you to
 play along with- make a one layer card. Yikes-for me that was really a challenge because I love layering and using tons of patterned papers..you know. Anyway, I used this stamp set from Papertrey Ink that i've kinda been in love with lately-Green Thumbs? I can never remember the names... So I just stamped the whole card because I'm not a white space kinda gal. I love the way it turned out.


Simple but not boring. I love those flowers..Sad thing is that after I was done stamping the flowers, I let my son (Gavin-2 1/2) play with the flower stamp while I finished up the card...Now I can't find my stamping block or flower stamp anywhere. True story. Sad story. :o(\

onelayer

If I can make a one layer card, so can you! So make your card and link it up before next Saturday for a chance to win a prize from Wilson Designs. Her stamps are too, too cute! 

wilsondesigns

ETA- found my flower stamp and acrylic block! 

19 comments:

  1. gorgeous! You'll find the stamp and block...I do that and I don't even have a 2 1/2 year old:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card Danielle! I love that stamp set too and I'm sorry about your stamp.....that's so frustrating!! You never know where it'll turn up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you've filled up your card with so much colour!! I have a hard time leaving a lot of white space, too!! My card always feels too empty -- guess I'm not a CAS stamper!! Glad you found your block and stamp - losing them would be a very sad ending!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great wow factor! The variety in the colours makes for a super wildflower border ;)
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to come by here to tell you how much I love these cards! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! So well done. I'm so not a white space kinda girl either. But you've shown me how to have my one layer cake and eat it too. So cool. Now i must go and take a look at the Tom Thumb set you mentioned. It certainly looks a goodie in your capable hands. Thanks. Your creative eye just astounds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi
    its soo pretty. love both the combinations on ur cards.
    they look soo pretty.
    hugs
    ALyna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Danielle, this is beautiful. I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely! I love how you filled the card with stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous! I don't do one layer...rarely....but these are still busy and fun and I really like!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Danielle. Love the illusion of deepth you got by stamping the sentiment over the flowers - fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Danielle...........These are so, so beautiful! You make a one-layer card look easy! Not so much when I do them.....Lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, I looove these!!! What a lovely composition and such fab colors. I love the image as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are just too pretty Danielle! Love both of them but I think the pink/orange combo is my fav. I'm sure the stamp and block will turn up where and when you least expect it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are awesome! I think sometimes we forget to just ink up a stamp and leave it at that. Your cards are a gorgeous reminder! That pink and orange together is fabbie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. the cutest ever,, love the way you inking it..

    ReplyDelete