Saturday, October 8, 2011

Spooky Banner


Hi friends, Its been a little while since I've posted, but i'm back with a Halloween project for the Wee Memories' 71st challenge.


Can you guess what the challenge theme might be this week?....
Halloween! Sweet eh? I love Halloween, love it! Halloween and Christmas are my favorite holidays to decorate for. I haven't brought out all my fall/Halloween decorations yet, (they're in the crawl space, and I don't go in there....spooky!;) so I made this fun banner. I used papers from Papertrey Ink to make the double layered medallions and I used my Cricut to cut out the pumpkins and the letters. Its pretty simple to make, although the scoring and folding of the medallions might make your hands cramp, and your eyes cross...Maybe. 
Here's a trick to get all that glitter to stay on. I used spray adhesive and did two layers of glitter, then I sprayed some hairspray over the glitter to keep it from crumbling off. 


Are you feeling the Halloween spirit? ;o)
I'd love it if you visited Wee Memories and joined us in this challenge. This week's sponsor is Paper Smooches, they have adorable stamps and will be offering a prize to a special someone who plays along in this challenge... don't you want to be that special someone? You could be, just link up your Halloween creations before next Saturday! 

We'd LOVE for your to display our blog button on your blog.

Here's a peek at my Fall 'faux' mantle. I have acorns, chestnuts and pine cones in the vintage jars.

P.S. I'm gathering photography tips and blogs- and plan on doing some serious learning in the next few weeks (Maybe in time to get a new camera for Christmas? ;o)....) If you know of any great photography blogs or tutorials please oh please send them my way. :o)

ETA- The larger medallion is 6 inches across. I used four 3x8 paper strips for the larger ones and two 2x8 strips for the smaller ones. The patterned paper pad was 8x8. 

14 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Can you just share how big the medallions are across? Did you adhere 12" strips together? I love the glitter tip---that adhesive spray is great stuff, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab! I love the look of this along with all your gathered autumnal goodies ;)
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing!!!! Ha, just like the other said!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular! What triumpant return. Golly that sounds like you've been away for years. I've missed your posts even though it's just been a few short weeks. Hope all's been well.

    Love the medallions in all their graduated glory. I feel a session coming on. Lol. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your banner.halloween is also one of my favorite holidays to decorate for.I decorated my house 2 weekes ago.Outside lights & all. Good choice of words. Very different than Happy Halloween.
    Thanks for the tip @ spray adhesive.
    Love your faux window above the mantle. It looks great with your banner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Danielle! Your altered art project for WM is just absolutely AWESOME!!!! I love your banner and how you've hung it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This banner is so creative and lots of fun details too! Love the way you've displayed it with all those autumn goodies on your mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing altered project! I just love it & it looks fab in your house! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle this banner is SSOO fun !! THanks for the glitter tips...it looks really polished!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back! Super spooky banner - way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing project, Danielle!! Loving the glitter alphas! TFS this :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow this is spooktacular!!! Wonderful project Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your banner.. and thanks for the glitter tip!

    ReplyDelete