Sunday, March 20, 2011

Button baby


Hi there! This week's challenge at The Shabby Tea Room is a fun one. All you have to do is pick 3 blocks in a row (think bingo) and create with the elements listed in the blocks. I chose the middle horizontal row, but since I used ribbon (I can't not use ribbon) and gems my card also worked for the last vertical row.
 This weeks' sponsor is Pixie Dust Paperie, so be sure to play along to be eligible to win their great prize.


Here is my glitter and flower...so pretty to me! I just sprinkles some chunky glitter on a millinery flower.


And of course, buttons! I used PTI vintage buttons and some buttons that I made myself, using a mold. (I have lots of those molded buttons so you'll be seeing more soon..)
I realized that I haven't made ANY baby cards... (well I did make one but never posted it here) but still, i've made ONE baby card... and NO Wedding specific cards, so i'm going to be focusing on those two types of cards for a little bit. Although I can't help but create Easter cards too right now...so Easter, weddings, and babies. ;o) 


Alright now hop on over to the other Shabby Girls' blogs for more inspiration...

Charlene - Expresstions of Me!

Kristin - Lilsweetpea's Place

Melissa - Creating From the Heart

Pattie - The Pampered Paper Patch

Debbie - Simple Treasures


32 comments:

  1. Gosh this is so sweet Danielle! Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty! I love your molded buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LUV your button jar :o) too cute. thank you for sharing your lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gersh!...absolutely stunning!...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful! So pretty and you make it look and sound so easy too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super CUTE ... love that jar filled with buttons -- especially the handmade ones! Will have to give this a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Danielle! I love this card! The variety of buttons in your jar are just the right touch..just lovely..I'm really interested in your molded ones..how did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Danielle
    I love, love, love your PRETTY card! I really like the multi-buttons, I love every detail.
    -Sony R

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle your card is gorgeous! The papers and all those yummy buttons are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Danielle what a beautiful shaby card :-) I love the jar with all the wonderful buttons! I have had my set forever...it feels like, and haven't used it :-(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! Love all the different elements especially the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning as always. The buttons are beautiful, I can't wait to see more.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet card Claire. Love your buttons you made. Fab job girly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW this is so pretty! I love those vintage buttons! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so amazingly detailed on your cards, they are truly a peice of art.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the beautiful variety of buttons in the jar, this is a GORGEOUS card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooo....I love those buttons!! Sweet Card! (Love your Easter ones, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So, so soft and beautiful! I love your homemade buttons that you made. They are gorgeous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful. I just adore your button jar - look forward to seeing some more of those molds :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just gorgeous. I love all of the wonderful layers. I would love to see how you make molded buttons.
    thanks for sharing,
    Pam L.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The heart-shaped blue button is my favorite. Such a cute card! I love button jars. A button jar featured prominently in a book I borrowed from the library when I was in the 3rd grade (I think) and didn't return for years. It was called Ginny and the Mystery Doll. One of the buttons in the jar turned out to be a rare and valuable conch pearl. I was obsessed with the idea of finding a treasure (maybe even a conch pearl!) hidden in a button stash for years after that.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous! Your buttons are TDF! Stunning in the "jar"!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Holy amazing!!! I absolutely ADORE this!!! Theres something so amazing about the beautiful buttons and the pink, blue, cream, and soft grays... this is a beauty!!!! Anyone would LOVE to receive this card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, gorgeous creation! Love the design, soft colors and the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is just adorable...I love everything about it! The button collection makes for gorgeous texture and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this card! You did an amazing job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, this is just fabulous! :) So original and full of gorgeous details! Amazing how you have used the buttons on this - so cute!

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your card is super cute Danielle! Love it!!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE this- the buttons are gorgeous and that glittery flower is to die for. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete