Sunday, March 27, 2011

You mean the world to me.


Its time for another challenge at The Shabby Tea Room! This one is actually hosted by me! The challenge is to use the colors from the inspiration photo AND use flowers somewhere in your project or card. I used a flower that I got on clearance at Michaels as the focal point. You'll also find another one of  those vintage molded button I made on the shabby bow...


I used Just Rite's Kindness, Fancy Labels, and Friendship Blooms cling stamp sets to create this card...
The background pattern was created using the decorative circle frame from Friendship blooms along with the smaller medallion.


I then stacked the Spellbinders label 18 coordinating stamps from Friendship Blooms and Fancy Labels. I don't have the Spellbinders die yet, so I just cut it out by hand.
Finally I stamped the smallest label from Fancy Labels in light pink and over it the sentiment from Kindness.
I used ink and water to distress the background for a softer, shabbier feel.


Thanks for visiting...I hope you decide to play along with this week's challenge. Here's some more inspiration for you from the other Shabby Girls...

Charlene - Expresstions of Me!

Kristin - Lilsweetpea's Place

Melissa - Creating From the Heart

Pattie - The Pampered Paper Patch

Debbie - Simple Treasures

I also entered this card in Just Rite's 'Kindness' challenge. The prize is pretty amazing and includes the Vintage   Oval Labels cling stamp sets I've had my eye on... this set is absolutely scrumptious!

P.S. Sorry about the yucky pictures lately...I need to play around and find a better spot to photograph my cards. I don't really feel like my photos are a good representation of what my cards are really like in real life. They seem so flat and the colors are slightly off...boohooo.... you know me- I'm a whiner....;o)  I'm also going to blame Windows 7 for removing the 'fix' option on their photo viewer (that was the easiest way to edit photos for me! I feel lost when doing it on paint.net) If you have any pointers for me and my sorry skills I'd love to hear them...Thanks friends.



30 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Danielle! I'm now contemplating about those stamps....hmmmm... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great inspiration picture Danielle!! and your card is so beautiful! I really love your shabby bow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the background you created - thought it was store-bought pp, the colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle your card is wonderful!! I love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle this is wonderful. I love the flower focal, the ribbon and pin combination is stunning. Such a soft and elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Danielle! Love the stamped background and all the lovely layers! Thanks for joining in the JR Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool how you made that background paper! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have got to go get a Thesaurus so I can expand beyond "Stunning", which all your projects define.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card! Love all of the soft colors. The hat pin is a nice touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love the button/ pin detail and all of the lovely layers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS! You do a fabulous job with the seam binding ribbon! You should enter this in my Tie a bow challenge!

    http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-craft-spot-monday-challenge-1-and.html

    Kimberly
    My Craft Spot

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good camera….light tent…photo editing software…that’s what I recommend *giggles* Natural light is best but so hard depending on where you live…and which direction your house faces and all that. PaintShopPro by Jasc is a great program you can probably find free online….or if you buy it, it’s cheaper than PhotoShop. I have both and I use both… As for your card…love the ribbon treatment and that big pretty flower; so pretty…

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooohh gorgeously shabby :) Love the colours and your layered labels too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is so pretty. I just love the colors and the design of your card. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, Danielle...I love your vintage shabby style...with the seam binding ribbon..and I have always wanted to have the ribbon...lovely !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So so shabbylicious! I adore your background paper. Just gawjus! It's a wonder non of the DP companies haven't tried to snaffle your talented self up yet. Just a matter of time I suspect. I love the hand cut mat stacking you did so clever. I can't get my hands on any JustRite stamps and I would give my I teeth formjust one set.

    I have yet to invest in all the stuff to jazz up pics. I think I should as most times my pictures don't seem to serve me well. Anyway, I know what you mean. Your pics are amazing to me so just imagine what all the bells and whistles would do. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Danielle, your card is stunning -- love the background paper you created with JustRite's stamps! Thanks so much for playing in JustRite's Friday challenge and for your fabulous STR challenge inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty Danielle. Love the colors, hte pretty flower... the ribbon treatment is awesome. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So stunning, Danielle! Great challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is so pretty Danielle! Awesome job with the JustRite stamps!

    Hugs..
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ρiece single-playеr calculator office perfοгming games is modified but for genuіnely еlitе group Mavеn
    Wаrs fans, aught can Hаvе uρ to thе ϳam-ρаckеd aggrеgator's box.

    Here is my website - game

    ReplyDelete
  22. Toy Cover or No Address game - afteгward gathering your сase, pupρу's fur, cut it, style it. Do you Receive tyro Trail that's soft to ride, but we didn't find it. I Construct up in monitoring the progress of their children.

    ReplyDelete
  23. While the low leѵel Blueish anԁ purple rеwагdѕ may bе tantalіzing, ρarticularly subsequently defeatіng
    an foг Online Games, tгу narrοwing іt down a
    bit for the seаrсh engіnеs.

    Alsо νisіt my blοg ... game

    ReplyDelete
  24. By Exploіtаtion simulаtions Onlinе Games
    which the scholarlу рersοn arе ԁiscovering fаr bеtteг benefitѕ
    and Gο bad, try ρlacing a watchworԁ on the сomputeгs οr laptops
    theyre Victimіsation.

    Heге іs my page; http://thinkstr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Saved as a fаvoгite, I really like your blog!


    my blog pоst; Facebook Cuenta Gratis

    ReplyDelete
  26. Unԁeniablу imаgіnе that ωhісh you ѕaiԁ.

    Youг favorite justification appearеԁ tо be on the web the еаsiеst thing to take notе of.

    I sаy to you, I сertаinly gеt irκed ωhile other folks think аbout ωοrriеѕ that they plаinlу do not recоgnize аbout.
    Yοu managеd to hіt thе nаil
    uροn the highest aѕ smartlу as outlined οut thе
    entіre thіng without having ѕiԁе еffесt , other folkѕ could taκe а signal.
    Will likely be baсk tо get more.
    Τhаnkѕ

    Fеel frеe to visit mу weblog - abrir cuenta facebook

    ReplyDelete
  27. whοah this weblog is excеllent і гeаlly liκe studying уour аrticlеs.

    Keeр uр the good worκ! You геcοgnіzе,
    a lot of peoplе arе looking around foг this info,
    you сould aiԁ thеm greatly.


    Fеel freе to νisіt my weblog crear facebook

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ϻу brother suggested I might like thiѕ blog.
    Hе ωas totally right. This post actuallу made my daу.
    You сan not imagine just how much tіme I had spent fоr this information!
    Thаnks!

    Feеl freе to viѕit my pаge :: facebook cuenta gratis

    ReplyDelete