Saturday, August 13, 2011

Masculine Challenge

Hi Friends! You might already know this, but I'm now designing for the Wee Memories challenge blog. AND This week we are having our August Blog Hop!
You should have arrived here from Cathy's blog, but if you got lost or want to start over just go to Jenny's Wee Memories blog and you'll find the yellow brick road there. Or the blog hop list.

This week's challenge is sponsored by Graphic 45, I love their stuff, and the new stamps they've been adding to their lines are sweet too! So if you like Graphic 45 be sure to play along 'cause the prize package is pretty awesome!  The challenge theme this week is (wait for it, wait for it.....) 


Masculine!  Sooo... I went of out my regular comfort zone a little bit and made this birthday card. For my Dad? His birthday is in December.. so I guess I'm ahead of the game this one time!
I used several papers from my scrap pile (mountain....Everest), some fun foam stamps for the word 'dad' and a purple onion stamp for the happy birthday portion. The rodeo type graphic was found online and printed...  I don't feel like i'm very good at making masculine cards but I actually like the way this one turned out! Victory! 

Now to keep going along the blog hop stop by Giovanna's great blog

7 comments:

  1. What a neat card! You do such creative work. Always fun to check in with you, to see what you've whipped up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victory, is darn right! You totally aced this! My favorite is that big manly tag. I do love a great tag just like this. Such a dashing card.. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and fabulous masculine card!!! I would say you did a great job with this challenge....do more masculine cards!!! Great to be on the team with you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Danielle!! Love how you put all the elements together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous masculine card. Enjoyed how all the elements worked so great together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great masculine card! You've managed shabby & masculine all at once - very impressive :-)

    ReplyDelete