Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas bling

So here's yet one more Christmas card....
I'll post a non-Christmas card next time, to switch things up...lol
I made this one a couple of weeks ago. I haven't really been in a crafting mood as of late, but I need to get on it because I have a mile long list of projects to finish up!


Cardstock is from the DCWV neutrals stack...oh I hate that stuff for card bases...lol, I was Just trying to use it up but now I regret using it on this card. Its so flimsy. Great for the cricut though...
The patterned paper is Jenni Bowlin and K&Company.


Stamps are from Papertrey Ink, Studio G,and you probably can't see the snowflakes stamped in Ranger Distress antique linen, BUT those are Inkadinkado. Other ink color is Ranger Distress Fired Brick.


All the blingy swirls are Michael's store brand (Paperstudio? Reminisce? I can't remember...)
I made that sparkly star by cutting chipboard (cardboard from packaging) and glittering it with this great chunky glitter from Joanns. You can find that glitter in the kids craft section, it comes in little tubes. 


The lace is a ribbon roll I bought on clearance at Walmart. The seam binding ribbon was bought from Prairie Bird Boutique on Etsy. 

So after posting these pictures I noticed my lace ribbon is totally crooked...why didn't I notice that before I photographed it!? O well. C'est la vie. 
Also... I can't seem to get my tension ,on my sewing machine, correct for sewing on paper. I love the look but  i've the bobbin thread is always just sitting on top of the card instead of pulling through. Any tips?

8 comments:

  1. Love this card! Especially the glittery snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful. I love the vintage look and all the glitter and bling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card is so great!! I just bought a Brother sewing machine and am learning about bobbins and tension... so no help here. In fact, I'll probably be asking for your tips once you get some :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous, I luv the glittery star, I have a thing for glitter, bling, and the fabric..lol..I read your confession below....I think all paper crafters luv fabric too..have a fabby weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your star just grabbed me!! I love me some bling-bling! But, I have to say that everything about this card is so pretty.....the focal stamp, the lace, and the colors are all just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is soooo beautiful! I love the different patterns, textures, fibers..... love it! That glittery star just POPS off the vintage/distressed card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! You've combined so many different elements here and they add up to one beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh love the fab glittery star! Totally just pops! For your sewing machine -- have you tried adjusting the tension? Otherwise, try to make sure the foot is actually doing it's job -- that it's tight enough there... if that makes sense. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete