Thursday, December 23, 2010

Joyful

I made this joyful Christmas banner to hang on a lonely wall that is waiting for me to finish some shelves....
The gingerbread man shapes were cut using my Cricut Expression and the "In my Kitchen" cartridge.


 I did a brave thing (for me) and cut up some of my very favorite paper, October Afteroon's "Very Merry" paper collection. I love love love the pretty patterns and colors. 

Each gingerbread man is made up of one layer of Papertrey Ink kraft cardstock and one layer of patterned paper. The cardstock makes it sturdier. 




 I made the crepe paper medallions using party steamers... The letters were cut using the Country life cricut cartridge. They were glittered with german glitter glass. I had to use a lot of glossy accents to get that glitter to stick. 


I sewed seam binding ribbon to each gingerbread man arm and tied them all together in bows.
Voila, C'est fini! 

Is anyone interested in a tutorial for the medallion? 

14 comments:

  1. Danielle this is DARLING!!! I LOVE It! The PP looks FABULOUS.. YEAH for cutting it up.. I am TRYING to get braver on those things too! ;)
    Would LOVE to see how you did the Medallion!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I LOVE this banner!!! If it wasn't almost Christmas, I would so copy it :-). Second, LOVE the cricut :-)... but you just made me want TWO carts I'd never thought of even *looking at*... terrible enabler you!! :-) (and I have a ton of carts!!) This is sooo awesome. I'd love to know what line of Oct. Afternoon paper it is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @BethieJ- Thanks! I'll do up a tutorial for the medallion after Christmas when things aren't so crazy!

    @Kristin- The October Afternoon paper is "Very Merry" I got it from custom crops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Love it! I would love to see a tutorial for how to make the medallions too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous! thanks for sharing...and cutting that beautiful paper was well worth it!

    Hodmom (cricut MB)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, this is SO gorgeous and such a UNIQUE banner! Love it and all the little details you put into it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gingerbread men! LOVE!! Seriously girl, this is out of the park CUTE! Have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable...with the little gingerbread men - - what a great idea! I love the added stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning - love the patterned paper and your crepe medallions are a fantastic finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The medallions are very neat! And kudos to you for being brave enough to cut into your favorite paper! That is really hard sometimes, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! The gingerbread men are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Danielle! These are adorable!!! Also wanted to stop by with a Colorado HI. I also live in CO.

    ReplyDelete