Thursday, December 2, 2010

...simply hello

Soooo.... I made this card a while ago with my gypsy and cricut. I can't remember what cartridges I used (sorry). I think I used accent essential, and.....? I'm sure you'll recognize the shapes.Everything was cut with the cricut... the card itself, the tiny bird, the flourish, the mats the sentiment is sitting on...okay I did say everything, silly me. 


The papers are all DCVW from I the mariposa and crafty stacks...If i'm remembering right.
I bought the crochet trim at Joanns, it was one of the "by the yard" laces. I inked it a bit with some Tim Holtz antique linen.

I stamped the sentiment (Papertrey Ink-mega mixed messages) and then used some Tim Holtz Rock Candy Distress Stickles over the top. I kind of distressed all the edges with my scissors, for a more tattered vintage look.


On the inside of the card, I used the flourish that you see on the front (before I adhered it to the front) as a mask. I made up my own glimmer mist with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink re-inker and gold perfect pearls. I just added a few drops of the re-inker and put a tiny scoop of the perfect pearls into a ranger mini mister, then filled with water. You can't see it in the picture but its really very shimmery. 

Lately I've been doing a lot more stamping (thanks to a PTI addiction) and so my poor little cricut is sorely neglected. I was looking through my cards and found this one, and it reminded me that I can make a whole card with just my cricut and still achieve that shabby or vintage look I love so much. I really need to take it out and use it more! I really do love that machine.

3 comments:

  1. Glimmer Mist - I need some! I love the soft colors and card shape - so flirty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh stunning card. Love the softness of it all. Isn't that Marisposa stiack the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL Danielle! I LOVE the colors!!!! I have been using my cricut alot this week.. um after much NEGLECT.. she threatened to move out if I didnt play with her! HA HA!! :) (I LOVE accent essentials one of my FAVS! - but dont tell the others! ;))
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete