Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pumpkins and apples and Jars...oh my!

 See? I promissed Autumn cards.

Stamps:PTI friendship jar and fall fillers (colored in with copics), 
Purple Onion thanksgiving noteblock stamp.
Patterned Paper: K&Company, Cardstock: DCWV
Embellies: PTI vintage buttons and cream twine, and lace is from my stash.

Stamps:PTI friendship jar and fall fillers (colored in with copics), 
Purple Onion thanksgiving noteblock stamp
Patterned Paper: K&Company, Cardstock: DCWV
Embellies: PTI vintage buttons and cream twine.
seam binding is from Prairie Bird Boutique. 
Martha Stewart and fiskars border punches

Can you tell that I love these jars? I really do. 

Okay i'm not typing out another huge product description-lol... 
stamps are the same as the last two ;) 
Paper is from michaels
This time I added some Melissa Frances mica flakes

Oh, and that Purple Onion Noteblock stamp- love it! It totally reminds me of vintage subway signs. Yes?

PTI vintage baskets stamp, Purple Onion noteblock stamp, PTI vintage cream and rustic cream CS
PTI vintage button and cream twine, Doily and ribbon from stash, patterned paper is from Joann's. Copic markers.

This last card is not my favorite... something about it bugs me. But oh well. I spent way too long coloring that silly basket to just let it sit unloved. 

Its pretty obvious that I used a lot of the same supplies on all these cards. Thats how I roll. I like to stamp several of the same images, leisurely color them in, and set them aside. I cut everything up and keep them in my "element buckets" (these are sorted by theme) when i'm ready to create a card I just pick an element from the bucket and match it up with papers and go from there. Occasionally I create a card from start to finish in one go... but mostly I just like to piece things together from pre-made, prepared, pre-stamped stuff (was that redundant?). Its easier on my mojo. (yes, I said mojo)
I hope that made sense. That was a lot of words. 

Tomorrow I have some birthday cards to share.
Thanks for stopping by <3

9 comments:

  1. Great cards. Love your coloring. Your buckets are a great idea. I use an expanding file folder. Wish I had a spot for buckets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fall cards. They are all beautiful!!! Okay....the first thing I loved was the stamped lettering in your background. I mean, I love the jar fillers. Who doesn't? But that stamp really caught my eye.......so..........I went hunting in your first 3 cards for the name of your Purple Onion Noteblock stamp....then I scrolled down (after I already figured it out...lol) and you posted about it. I absolutely agree that it has an awesome vintage feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK! Yer killin me. I've convinced myself that I don't need these cute, adorable jars! These cards are sooooo fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are SO awesome!! i have NO jars so i refuse to look closer at yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are very pretty....I really like all the details that you add.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love fall colors. The 2nd card is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these...I had formerly convinced myself I didn't need the jars, but now of course I must reconsider!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That colored basket is fantastic. I don't color so I totally appreciate the work that goes in to these. The seam binding is lush...and I'll need to look in to those mica flakes; I use something similar but I like the look of this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MUST have the noteblock - off to Purple Onion!

    Ohh, and I love these cards - your coloring is FAB!!

    ReplyDelete