Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Joys of the season...



Its starting to feel more like Christmas. I think its the blanket of white snow that is covered everything on Sunday night. Personally, I haven't made (almost) any Christmas preparations yet. Cmon wasn't it just Halloween?
I did make a festive card for The Play Date Cafe color challenge this week

. I waited until last night to make this card, because this challenge was really challenging


. I wouldn't have thought to use those colors together on my own, but i'm actually happy with the way this card turned out. 


Well mostly happy. My wrinkle ribbon was a tad too wrinkly! Look at that funny bow...lol.
I'm too lazy a crafter to re-do it though.

Supplies: Cardstock: Papertrey Ink kraft Stamps: Papertrey Ink Wreath for all season & 2010 Holiday Tags, Waltzingmouse Stamps sheet music background stamp set.
Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress ink in pumice stone and walnut stain. 
Embellishments: K and Company Yuletide acetate snowflake flourish, Martha Stewart lacey label and MS Glitter, Crafty secrets Christmas scraps ticket, Seam binding, Star is made by me.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a gorgeous card! I love brown! and glitz, too, lol. Great take on the color challenge! Oh and the ribbon looks great! - it's supposed to be kinda wrinkled, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glitter is just perfect for this challenge... even though it pained me slightly to actually make that mess. I love every bit of this, but honestly, the vintage-look ticket is my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Way to rock the color challenge! I love it! The ticket is my fave. It's so delicate next to the larger images. It's just perfect tucked in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card! The wrinkled ribbon looks NICE! And all that glitter is beautiful! You seem to have pulled off the colors very easily!

    Hugs,
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful composition! So many different elements on thus card yet they come together beautifully!! Love the silvery star!.....and your ribbon has just tue eight amount of wrinkle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! I love all the different elements that bring it all together! SO PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH OH OH OH OH (said with emphasizing each one more!). LOVE that silver star and the layering of embellies! FAB! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way that you layer so many different elements. The snowflake and swirls on the bottom of the card relly add a soft touch to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle this is so pretty! I just love that glittery star! A great card for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Danielle this is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE that star!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you've put these colours together, your embellies look amazing, great texture! Thanks so much for playing with us in the play date cafe this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous creation! So glad to have you play with us in The Cafe once again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gorgeous! Love it!!! Sorry, I'm a bit late in getting around to comment on everyone's blogs, but thanks for playing along with us last week at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! I am a fan of glitter, I like the wrinkle ribbon, and that's a lovely use of the PTI wreath set!

    ReplyDelete