Sunday, November 21, 2010

Santa Claus is coming to town!

 What a Jolly Santa! I just want to pinch his rosy cheeks.

The Play Date Cafe Challenge chose some beautiful pictures for this weeks challenge. Just look, wow.
Look at those itty bitty sucker pins! Love! Don't you just want everything in this picture? Or is that just the hoarder in me talking? eee.


I'm in love with this tree die from Papertrey Ink. And their 100% wool felt is so yummy too! 
Supplies: Carstock: PTI rustic Cream, PP: My minds eye
Dies: PTI, Tree and snowflake, Spellbinders, PTI  Woodgrain Impression plate
Ink: Colorbox catseye dune color
Embellies: PTI buttons, PTI button twine
, K&Company Yuletide scraps, K&Company Yuletide adhesive borders
Crafty Secrets Christmas Scraps, Joann's craft glitter

I love making cards with a lot of layers like this one. So fun, but soo time consuming. The K&Company Yuletide line is great too. 
I'm still not feeling particularly wordy. 
Waltzingmouse challenge card to come...

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the layers of embellies and details! Thanks for joining us at the PDCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vintage card, love all those extra added elements! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Love your interpretation of the challenge. You have a knack for layering (something I seriously lack, lol). Oh and I am STILL waiting for my christmas tree die to arrive from PTI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifulcard - love all the layers - I still haven't been able to master that look, so I'll keep checking on your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful!!! Love seeing all of that PTI felt! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card!!!! Love how you layered the felt tree layered under the fantastic Santa image!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh my! What a layered lovely! You nailed vintage, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, be still my heart! Looooove all the wonderful vintage yumminess of this card. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously gorgeous vintage Santa card, Danielle! Great use of the PTI tree die!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Layers and textures...it's what Christmas is all about! I love the country feel - - and that wrapping of string/twine up in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! It's hard to do layers like this well, I think, and I think your card is fab! (So, good job!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. aaackkk- this is awesome!! i sooo cannot create cards like this, but i LOVE them!! such a FAB job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. STUNNNNNNING! I am in love with your layers and style! YOU ROCK! LOVE LOVE LOVE this card--RSS feeding now:) Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!! We appreciate and love our players:}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Danielle...this is one beautifully layered card for this week's challenge at The Play Date Cafe...it's so wonderful having you play along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is gorgeous - just love all your layering and differennt textures :)

    ReplyDelete