Thursday, May 5, 2011

Blues

I was so tickled with the color combo challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room, that I couldn't resist creating a couple of extra blue cards. 


I can't stop using those adorably Tiny Tags from Papertrey Ink....I will love that set forever and ever. As soon as I got the die, I cut a bunch of 'em out of rustic cream cardstock (my fav!) and now I have a little bag full ready for use. They are just perfect on a big shabby bow.


I used a bunch of papers out of my scrap drawer, and a sweet little baby from Crafty Secret's Altered Fairies scraps. 



This Mother's Day card also follows that lovely color scheme, and of course I included another shabby bow with those tiny tags. Its hard to tell but above 'Mom' i stamped 'love you' in a light blue ink. 


I stamped a heart-filled sentiment from Crafty Secrets' Mother stamp set. 


And then used the bird and nest image from the same Crafty Secrets set and embossed it in white. I love white embossing soo much...I need to do it more often I think! 


I hope this inspires you to come and play in this week's Shabby Tea Room challenge if you haven't already!

13 comments:

  1. Sweet, lovely, shabby GOODNESS, love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, both of these are Shabby Loveliness. Beautiful layers with these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH ... MY .... SHABBY ... GOODNESS!!! Now, there's that shabby and vintage style that I first fell in love with -- you've found your mojo in a BIG WAY, sweetie! These are A-MAZING! WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! AMAZING! So envious of your shabby abilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards! Love this pretty color combination and your details are fabulous! Your tiny tags are perfect!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle this is sooo gorgeous! I agree with Sheri! I'm also envious of your shabby chic abilities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS!!! Love both! Great shabby cards! I love the embossing on the 2nd one great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are both STUNNING! I love all of the details...it shows that you take great care in putting them together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow - this is so gorgeous - brawo !!!!!! I love your art !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Divine! From little miss/master baldylocks to the seam binding gloriousness. You are such an amazing force of nature with your wonderful papercraft. Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Danielle, these cards are just stunning- lots of rich details and fun touches. You really have a special way with shabby chic goodies. Love the blue theme of all of your projects today too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are Shab-ulous!! I love the sweet blues and all your divine details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow your vintage style with layers composition on the cards are fantastic..FAB!

    ReplyDelete