Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lady silhouette

 Hi there! This week at The Shabby Tea Room we are having a color challenge! Use blue, white, and another neutral for your card/project. I used a digi stamp (I heart U) from Robyn's Fetish (this week's sponsor) for the shape of my project. 
I printed the heart shape onto card stock and patterned paper, paper pieced the heart and glued the bottom part of the two cardstock hearts together, leaving the top open. This formed a little pocket in the heart to put a note, a small RAK, candy, ect... I think this would work well for Mother's Day! 


I embellished my heart pocket with some fun products from the Girls Paperie, Tattered Angels, and a vintage image from The Graphics Fairy. 


I finished it off with some glitter and a couple of vintage millinery flowers.
I stuffed the pocket with some crochet lace for the photo below.


The Shabby Girls have some beautiful things to show you, so make sure to stop by their blogs too!

Debbie Marcinkiewicz -  Simple Treasures

Charlene Cundy - Expressions of Me!

Melissa Bove - Creating From the Heart

Pattie Goldman - The Pampered Paper Patch

Sheri Holt - My Sheri Cards

10 comments:

  1. How cute Danielle!!! Sweet paper and I love the glitter frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I really love the sparkly frame. And silhouettes... ohh, how I have an obsession with them. A pocket of lovelies... miss you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and clever ... I adore the pocket!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pocket card! The layers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card, Danielle. Lots of lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an exquisite card, love silhouettes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous, Danielle! I just love all the glittery goodness and the silhouette is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your heart pocket is such a great idea - perfect for mother's day or birthday. Love that glitter frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle! this is too pretty. I love blue but have a hard time using it... you did a lovely lovely job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this so much, Danielle!! And I really love that blue!! Beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete