Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Yellow flower


I've had flowers on the mind, lately. 
I've been making fabric flowers for a customer, and I've been doing a bit of gardening too. 
Today was such a nice day, that I spent most of the day with my hands in the dirt. I don't have a big flower garden, just a flower bed in front of my house but every spring I love to dig around and add new things. This year I decided to rid my flower bed of all the periwinkle-hate that stuff! It was so invasive, and unruly... But now I have room for new plants...I planted some gladiolas, lupine, delphiniums, foxglove and blue bonnets. Then I had my husband plant a lilac and a couple of hydrangeas in front of our house. (I've tried hydrangeas several times but they usually die...we'll see how these ones do) I still have a lot of things I we  he needs to do...we've lived in our house for 4.5 years but our landscaping is still and ever-growing project.
Our backyard is completely void of flowers. Of course a couple of kids and a couple of dogs could have something to do with that. ;o)
Anyway, sorry for that long gardening tangent there... Here is my yellow flower card.

 
This card was totally inspired by the CR84FN color challenge this week. Light blue, light yellow, and kraft-soo pretty and soft! 


I made the yellow flower, and used papers from Echo Park and DCWV. I also used some Prima lace, seam binding ribbon, and a little key from The Girls Paperie. The sentiment, as always, is from Papertrey ink. 

I'm still working on a card order, so I have lots of other cards to show- I just need to find the time to take some pictures while its still light outside.

Thats all for tonight folks, I've had a good productive day and now i'm tired...Night!

17 comments:

  1. Love the fabric rose - so very pretty. Fully of shabby goodness!! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gluber flower is perfection! You always get the details just right, Danielle. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is just so pretty! I love your fabric flowers... I want to try this technique and keep forgetting! Your yard sounds like mine... every year I think of something new we should do to it... ever evolving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOve your papers and that FAB flower! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful concert of fabulous papers and that flower! Oh my giddy aunt! That flower is all kinds of gorgeous! *faints*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh-so-gorgeous! I love your wonderful flowers and this one is no exception ;)
    TFS, hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danielle, this is STUNNING!!! The fabric rose is fabulous! WOW! Such a breathtaking focal point! The DP and lace are so pretty too! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Danielle! That flower is so incredibly beautiful! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Danielle! As usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful....... LOVE LOVE LOVE that flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous fabric flower - the yellow colour is such a happy look as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Danielle love the flower! I bet that was fun to make! Your card, as always, is just shabby chic lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your flower is awesome!! Love the color too...and the lil' pearls in the center.... And that Father's Day card down there is fantastic too! Love the red with the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous~gorgeous...love the soft and pretty look of it!! Good luck on yOur plantings!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely fabric flowers! Happy Father's Day celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So feminine. I love your fabric flower. Thanks so much for playing along at CR84FN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful! I love that fabric flower!

    ReplyDelete