Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Father's Day card

Hi friends, its a Shabby Tea Room Sunday night! (Or Monday morning...)
This week Charlene ask us to use 2 patterned papers, 4 buttons, and 6 layers. What a fun challenge! 
And this week's sponsor is Just Rite Stamps- their prize packages are always so great, you definitely don't want to miss a chance winning it!



I really tried to make this card masculine, so I left out the ribbon and used twine instead and kept it pretty simple...I think maybe I should have made it grungier? Either way... 
My favorite part is the award ribbon. I love that image from Just Rite's 'You're the best' cling stamp set. This stamp set is so fun, and I can see myself using it a lot. (I'm thinking I'll have to make all my brother in laws' Father's Day cards soon!)

The Shabby Girls have some beautiful things to show you, so make sure to stop by their blogs too!

Debbie Marcinkiewicz -  Simple Treasures

Charlene Cundy - Expressions of Me!

Melissa Bove - Creating From the Heart

Pattie Goldman - The Pampered Paper Patch

Sheri Holt - My Sheri Cards

11 comments:

  1. It's Monday night down under :)...8pm to be exact...lol.
    Gorgeous card...very masculine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and gorgeous card...love how you used all your layers...have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your card on The Shabby Tea Room post and just HAD to come to your blog for more information. Gorgeous card!! Heading over to buy this stamp set now. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I think I need a Memorial's Day treat... off to shop!;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Father's Day card! I love the award ribbon - it is just perfect! You always do such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Danielle - perfect for Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is pretty, Danielle! Love the red/brown color combo and the inking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card! Perfect for father's day! My dad will definitely love that card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete