Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Butterflies should fly.

I made this card for a couple of challenges.
 The colors are from The Play Date Cafe


Let me tell you that was not an easy color combination for me. I did find some papers from the DCWV Mariposa stack that worked though. I love using patterned papers. A lot of the time when I make a card, I start with picking out patterned papers in the colors I need first. 

The layout comes from a Get Sketchy sketch for this week.
That one was also a challenge... So I decided to combine them. (what?)

Right before I went to take pictures of this card, my almost 2 year old son decided to "play" with the butterflies. All the butterflies were off the card, and he had torn one right down the middle...He was making them fly (AKA Throwing them in the air)...What a goober. lol. Well I got them glued back together, but he left his mark. 

Do I sound super whiney, or what?  I don't mean to. But its all snowy outside too. Yuk.
I promise my next hope will be so cheerful it'll induce smiles. 

16 comments:

  1. Gotta love the kids Danielle!! Love your card and the use of the colours :) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!!!LOVE everything about it Danielle!!! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those butterflies are stunning! I guess your son thought they werre pretty realistic too! Thanks for sharing your story and card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning - you pulled these colors off wonderfully and your butterflies are beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at GS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle! This is gorgeous! So many stunning details, I cannot even pick a favorite! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, he has a point in that they ARE supposed to fly ;) Its a gorgeous card! Your butterflies are spectacular and I can see why he was attracted to them :) Lovely use of the colors and so glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a mother of 7 kids, I totally admire your determined resolve! Kids! All I can say is lucky they're cute. Bless. All that to say is that your card is magnificent. Everything works so flawlessly. This is eye candy on so many levels. That sentiment is lovely and beffitting...especiall in regards to the extra-curricular butterfly catching! Divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did with the colours and the sketch. This is stunning (and I can't tell which one you had to mend!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, Danielle- this is GORGEOUS! I played along with this challenge, too, and just realized I have no chance of winning... lol! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Danielle, this is truly beautiful, and I don't see any boo-boos on any of the butterflies! You managed to hide them well. ;)
    So glad you joined us at the Play Date Cafe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Danielle those blue butterflies are just captivating! Thanks so much for joining our play date over at the cafe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love how you've put the colors together and those butterflies immediately caught my eye. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is beautiful Danielle! Those butterflies are absolutely breath taking! A gorgeous design with eye catching details! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Congrats on the fab 4! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful! Love thos ebutterflies! Congratulations on getting the Fab 4, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete