Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A couple of jars

 I used PTI Friendship Jars and additions, one of my favorite stamp sets ever, to make these two simple cards
.

This first one uses the marbles? or bubblegum? or candy? and jar from PTI and a noteblock stamp from Purple Onion Stamps. The papers are from October Afternoon- I love them.

I'm entering this first card in the Off the Wall Craftiness color challenge. How could I not be inspired by such a beautiful collage of photos? Oh how I love vintage...and the idea of vintage fairs and carnivals and parties that I get from this color board. (Okay IRL fairs and carnivals are stinky)




 

This card uses the PTI Jar and pickles, and Melissa Frances Kitschy Kitchen papers. This is my FIRST ever attempt at paper piecing. It was fun, I might (maybe just might) do it again...hah
I entered this card over at Moxie Fab World for their paper piecing challenge.





15 comments:

  1. Oh love both of these - springy colours and that vintage look with the jars. Keep paper piecing, that's what I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowser!...that's all i can say!...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Good Lord! Both cards are so fabulous! The pickles are a hoot! I must admit, I am a sucker for the old pinking shears. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great stuff!! I love what you did with the color combo - and those pickles!!! I love that one so much!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! My fav is the first one - love the papers, colors, design and the jar of candy! I saw the OTWC colors and thought - whoa, too bright - can't do it. But you totally rocked it. Vintage never came to mind for me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, your cards are beautiful! I'm so excited for you! You're rocking the card world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I just giggled with I saw the pickles in that set! I need to try this... Love the pickle piecing, and the twine background. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, LOVE the candies/marbles/bubblegums in a jar! ;) The PERFECT color combination - paired with the note-block it is DIVINE!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG.....that first card should win a prize! It's fantastic! You have certainly used the inspiration photo and ran with it!! This card should be IN the inspiration photo it is so well done! Thanks for playing with OTWC this week! I'm just so tickled with this card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh mY! I love this! The colors are perfect, the jar of goodies is adorable and I love how you used the Purple Onion stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness these are fabulous! I love how you worked with our inspiration photograph so well! What a beautiful creation and I love your jar of yummies! Thanks so much for joining us this week at OTWC and Good Luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like both of your cards but that first one is stunning. I think anyone would be happy to get that in the mail. So fun. Thanks for playing along at OTWC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ack... noteblock stamps from Purple Onion Stamps... you're killing me! I had to google it... and now I have to have them all.... Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful cards - as usual!

    ReplyDelete