Sunday, February 6, 2011

A special occasion collage.


Yes, its another one of those flowers! I told you they were so fun to make. I made this one out of Fine Linen PTI cardstock, and then misted it with Pink Bubblegum Shimmer Mist when it was still all closed up. I love how it looks when you fold down the petals. Be prepared to see lots of these in the future.

I'm entering this card in the "Get Creative" Shabby Tea Room challenge.
I stamped the background, first with the flowers in Chai ink, then the flourishes in black, and last the pink polka dots. The birdie was also stamped with tiny polka dots. I also stamped the birdie and the stamp die cut.
I'm also entering this card in the Just Us Girls sketch challenge this week. The essence of the sketch was that the embellishments were concentrated in one corner of the card. I really like this look.


 Wee Memories' challenge this week is to use your scraps. I used only scraps (exept the flower) to make this card. I have a bucket die cut scraps that I keep around...sometimes I don't feel like making a card but I still want to play so I get out the cricut or cuttlebug and cut some shapes. Sometimes I just don't use everything I cut out for my project, so in the bucket it goes. It feels good to purge that stash sometimes. I need to create from that bucket more often.

Last but not least, I'm also entering this as another submission for The Shabby Tea Room design team call.
This being the inspiration photo. I went the pink/black/cream route again. Love those colors.
Are you still crossing your fingers for me?






28 comments:

  1. Wow--what a gorgeous bloom! Love this beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWOWOWOWOW... STUNNING! I am speechless! That flower is gorgeous -- you must give me a tutorial :) Thanks for your interest in our DT Call x2 -- GOOD LUCK :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness girl! This is amazing. I love that flower. I especially like the stamped flower background. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my what a gorgeous flower and all your stamping comes together so nicely! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgoeous! I am so impressed with that flower, it's amazing! The card is utterly droolworthy. Who makes that fun bird die? I need it me thinks. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your WIN this week, well deserved, that flower is AMAZING!!! very inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, that flower is amazing, and when I read that you made it, my jaw dropped! Makes for a gorgeous card. Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WooHoo! Congrats on your Shabby Win!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous and congrats for being the weekly winner at the shabby Tearoom....beautiful and creative...love that flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOH this is just gorgeous! Love the colors, design and your handmade flower! and from the previous comments, looks like it won the Shabby Tearoom challenge - Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really beautiful! I really love that flower - it's my fav to make too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH so GORGEOUS!!!! Absolutely breathtaking!!! WOW! Beautiful take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS!! We really appreciate your participation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cue the smelling salts...I think I just fainted for a second! Oh my WORD! This card is gorgeous and your flower a real stunner! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Danielle, I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE your card! And thank you for letting us know how you created your 'pattern' paper. (Sometimes it really helps to know the sequence.) And your right! That bloom is spectacular! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely GORGEOUS! Thanks for playing with the Wee Memories challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it!!! You truly have an amazing talent! Your cards are impressive and that flower!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is so GORGEOUS love the soft colors!!!Thanks for playing along with us at Wee memories!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this is stunning! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Wee Memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So, so pretty, Danielle! And wow! You've got gorgeous scraps ;)! Thank you for playing along with us in Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That flower is just beautiful!!! Love what you've done with the sketch!

    Thanks so much for getting sketchy with JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Danielle, this is absolutely stunning! And love the big flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at Wee Memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Danielle Congrats on your win...and thanks fir sharing the tutorial fir that flower im hooked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Scrumptious LAYERS and glory be to FINE, fine papercraft: I'm in LOVE! THIS is one gorgeous interpretation of the JUST US GIRLS sketch...! Thank you for sharing your lovely talent this round! Yee Haw!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This card is absolutely stunning!!! The layers of stamping and papers, the texture, the colors - Looooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Simply desire to say your article is as astounding.
    The clarity in your post is simply excellent and i can assume you are an expert
    on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying
    work.

    My blog acoustic guitar chord

    ReplyDelete