Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wishing bird



This little guy is a wishing bird, you might throw your wish into the wind, and he'll find it and catch it, and bring it to you. In the form of a coupon. A cool vintage Crafty Secrets coupon. True story.


I stole a moment to craft yesterday. I've been really busy and haven't been crafting as much as I'd like to..
I love to create, its so fulfilling and satisfying. Its that instant gratification, and the realization of an idea that is all yours. Its a piece of your world that is just right, no matter what.


Well on that note, I took a few minutes to make a card for The Shabby Tea Room challenge this week.
Here is the cozy inspiration photo.

(small secret- I love knit blankets and these ones look absolutely warm and snugly...I could just curl up with these, a good book, and some Twizlers-yum.) 


I had a hard time getting the ribbon to look right in the photos, its actually a little closer to the bird's greenish blue color. I really need to take a photography class. Until then, I'll continue to describe what your are really seeing in these photos. ;o)

10 comments:

  1. Danielle ... just {perfect} for the Tea Room's inspiration photo challenge this week! Girl, you ROCK :) Thank you for sharing your creation with us all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful..all the great layers and your dynamic colors. Good Luck with the Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING!! I love how you are able to make cards so shabby vintage and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love the colors, they really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Danielle! Perfect for this week's inspiration photo!

    Hugs...
    Melissa
    TSTR Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card - love that background paper! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danielle..oh this card is so shabby chic! I really like how you put all your embellishments together and the ribbon color is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I am a fan of birds, and this one's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know Dani, I think my photography is ten times worse than yours. there really isn't anything to fault wiht the colors there! but then again, I find that computer screens vary ALOT :(

    anyway, your card is beautiful. I do so love the little bird and every perfect detail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to invite you over to check out what you inspired me to do after seeing this card...I am involved in the "Every Inchie Monday" for the whole year and was stumped on what to do for my look of my inchie...Thank-you Danielle...for the love of the art...Tootsie

    ReplyDelete