Friday, February 4, 2011

Celebrate this day

See that pretty flower? I made it!I found this amazing flower tutorial on Joanne L's blog , and I wanted to try it right away. (I also fell in love with her blog, her cards are beautiful)
I sat down and made 3 flowers, they were so fun to make that I could have made 20 had I the time. I did find a little trick that made them easier for me, I sprayed each layer of the flower individually before I put the flower together on the brad. That made it easier because I did't have dry spots to keep spraying  and I didn't over wet the rest of the flower while spraying the dry spots. Your layers might dry a little while you're folding and scrunching, but re-wetting them is super fast and just needs a spray or two with your mini mister.


Anyway, who knew I would be so long winded today?
Sooo  remember how I made this card for the ColorQ challenge but then I found out that the challenge was over? Well this week I'm ahead of the game. I have my card for the ColorQ done. HA! Okay, its just a small victory for me. It so happens that their colors this week, and the inspiration picture had me so inspired I couldn't wait. I love this color combo. I used some Papertrey Ink Berry Sorbet paper, and its the first time that I use this color, but I LOVE it. A lot. I'm doing this again. (I always say that but I mean it!) 

I love that fabric so much1
I found some Basic Grey Nook and Pantry paper that had just the right colors in it, and with the flower I was ready to go.
I bet you recognize this layout, its kind of like the "Sunshine in my soul" card  I posted a couple days ago. Its the same layout from Wee Memories. Love that sketch, its so flexible and easy to work with!





19 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous, Danielle! Your flower is beautiful, and I love all of the layers. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! beautiful card and such a fabulous flower. Thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial. Not only is the flower magnificient, but your button combo is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible. I saw these flowers and read the tutorial, but haven't made any yet. After seeing this one, I definitely want to!!! Just stunning! Thanks so much for playing with us at the CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card,Danielle! Your flower is gorgeous! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful flowers! Gorgeous layers - so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flower! Aren't they just fun to make! And think of all the money you save by making your own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE to make these flowers too! Yours turned out BEAUTIFULLY! I love it and the rest of your card is gorgeous to match! Thanks for playing at CQC this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning, just beautiful and I LOVE your flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful flower! You did a wonderful job with the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! The flower is beautiful, I am going to have to give these a try now too!
    I also noticed you are in CS. I am down in Denver. It is nice to see another Colorado gal here too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Danielle.........This is just so beautiful! I love that incredible flower on the front and how everything pulls together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SO pretty! The flower IS awesome. I really need to give PTI's paper a shot! Never tried it & it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see I am going to need some flower punches. Fun tutorial and a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful!! The flower is a gorgeous detail too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is an amazing card, I love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Flawless. I adore every single detail. The colors are so gorgeous and really very inspiring. I can't wait to try out that flower. Thank you so much for your marvellous creation and for the flower tut. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous job on the flower! I'm so glad the tutorial was clear. Did you color the flower yourself? It appears more white in the center and I'm lovin' that look! I appreciate the mention on your blog - perhaps I'll get some flower punch orders!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Danielle, your card is so beautiful. I love all the little touches that give it that girly look, with out making you sick. (that's a very good thing.) I love the paper doily, the seam binding, the flower is so gorgeous! I love everything about your card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this card is fabulous. Thanks for playing with us at the Colour Q.

    ReplyDelete