I started by making these flowers out of my favorite fabric collection EVER, Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey. After the flowers were done, I though there's no way they are just going to be embellishments on a card, sticking there for all eternity.. they're way to cute for that! So I decided to turn them into hair clips by gluing a hair clip, that I covered in ribbon, on the back.
But I still had a card to make, so instead of gluing (the horror!) these little cuties to the card, I added this extra strip of scrap fabric, only gluing down the ends. Oh how I love every single fabric in that collection!
I clipped the little flowers onto the piece of fabric....
There! I have my card done, but those flowers come off and can be clipped in your hair, on your headband, or even in your jacket's button hole...like a brooch, but not... This card and gift in one is perfect for girls of all ages. I would totally wear those flowers in my hair, and they would look adorable in my 3yr olds hair too (if she had any left... she gave herself a hair cut a few days ago and is now sporting a mullet a la Joe Dirt...)
This whole thing started with a bit of inspiration I got from The Shabby Tea Room for their buttons and bows challenge
(P.S. I made the flowers with PTI's Beautiful Blooms#1 dies, I used 8 fabric flowers to create one big fluffly one. It took a lot of die cutting, folding, and burning my fingers with hot glue.)
this is SO cute!!! such a sweet idea!! love it!!
ReplyDeleteoooooooooo....this card is fantabulous!...the flowers...the fabric...pure perfection!...i so want this one!...
ReplyDeleteWow those are so cute!!! What a great idea!!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely precious, Danielle! What a clever and thoughtful card to give to a sweet little girl :) Thanks for sharing your talents in the Tea Room, sweetie :)
ReplyDeleteDanielle your flowers are so sweet! I'm sure it took you a long time to make these! My oldest DD(23) loves making fabric flowers. She is going to fall in love with these..and she would wear them in her hair too!
ReplyDelete::gorgeous:: Love the use of that SWEET fabric! Thanks for joining us in the Card Patterns 2nd Anniversary Festivities!!
ReplyDeleteGENIOUS !! Adorable, sweet and gorgeous...ahhhh
ReplyDeleteto be 7 years old again....LOL
Outstanding job !
That is possibly the cutest card I have ever seen!!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! That fabric is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet! It's a card AND a gift in one, such a great idea. Love the little hair clips. So happy you could help Card Patterns celebrate our 2nd anniversary!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love your hair clips. So colorful an cute.
ReplyDeleteWowwww I so love your style and beautiful creations!!!!
ReplyDeleteInger :)
I do declare that you make the cutest things... some of my favorite projects and ideas come from YOU, girl! I'm going to give this a go tomorrow - I need a little gift for one of Abigail's friends - and she has got some CURLY hair perfect for bows. Thanks for the inspiration!! {hugs}
ReplyDeleteLOVE these!! oh my... they are perfect :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! They are beautiful and love that you attached them (well sort of, lol) to a card as a gift!
ReplyDeleteI love this to bits- those flowers are so fun to make- and you've reminded me that I'm on the hunt for some Nicey Jane locally...! *swoon*
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet clips!
ReplyDeleteOH wow... I should be writing a final paper, but instead I took a detour & decided to visit your blog. Now I just want to toss my books in my backpack and get out my PIT dies and some fabric "I just had to have", knowing that there would be a something I wanted to try. I'm going to try and wait till Monday, after finals, not sure if I can restrain myself now after seeing these beautiful flowers. TFS
ReplyDelete