Thursday, February 24, 2011

Flower clips card gift


I started by making these flowers out of my favorite fabric collection EVER, Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey. After the flowers were done, I though there's no way they are just going to be embellishments on a card, sticking there for all eternity.. they're way to cute for that! So I decided to turn them into hair clips by gluing a hair clip, that I covered in ribbon, on the back. 



But I still had a card to make, so instead of gluing (the horror!) these little cuties to the card, I added this extra strip of scrap fabric, only gluing down the ends. Oh how I love every single fabric in that collection! 



I clipped the little flowers onto the piece of fabric....


There! I have my card done, but those flowers come off and can be clipped in your hair, on your headband, or even in your jacket's button hole...like a brooch, but not...  This card and gift in one is perfect for girls of all ages. I would totally wear those flowers in my hair, and they would look adorable in my 3yr olds hair too (if she had any left... she gave herself a hair cut a few days ago and is now sporting a mullet a la Joe Dirt...)


This whole thing started with a bit of inspiration I got from The Shabby Tea Room for their buttons and bows challenge 


(P.S. I made the flowers with PTI's Beautiful Blooms#1 dies, I used 8 fabric flowers to create one big fluffly one. It took a lot of die cutting, folding, and burning my fingers with hot glue.)


I also linked this card to Someday Crafts for their Whatever Goes Wednesday.



18 comments:

  1. this is SO cute!!! such a sweet idea!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooooo....this card is fantabulous!...the flowers...the fabric...pure perfection!...i so want this one!...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those are so cute!!! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely precious, Danielle! What a clever and thoughtful card to give to a sweet little girl :) Thanks for sharing your talents in the Tea Room, sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle your flowers are so sweet! I'm sure it took you a long time to make these! My oldest DD(23) loves making fabric flowers. She is going to fall in love with these..and she would wear them in her hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ::gorgeous:: Love the use of that SWEET fabric! Thanks for joining us in the Card Patterns 2nd Anniversary Festivities!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GENIOUS !! Adorable, sweet and gorgeous...ahhhh
    to be 7 years old again....LOL
    Outstanding job !

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is possibly the cutest card I have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! That fabric is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet! It's a card AND a gift in one, such a great idea. Love the little hair clips. So happy you could help Card Patterns celebrate our 2nd anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love your hair clips. So colorful an cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowwww I so love your style and beautiful creations!!!!

    Inger :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do declare that you make the cutest things... some of my favorite projects and ideas come from YOU, girl! I'm going to give this a go tomorrow - I need a little gift for one of Abigail's friends - and she has got some CURLY hair perfect for bows. Thanks for the inspiration!! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE these!! oh my... they are perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! They are beautiful and love that you attached them (well sort of, lol) to a card as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this to bits- those flowers are so fun to make- and you've reminded me that I'm on the hunt for some Nicey Jane locally...! *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH wow... I should be writing a final paper, but instead I took a detour & decided to visit your blog. Now I just want to toss my books in my backpack and get out my PIT dies and some fabric "I just had to have", knowing that there would be a something I wanted to try. I'm going to try and wait till Monday, after finals, not sure if I can restrain myself now after seeing these beautiful flowers. TFS

    ReplyDelete