Wednesday, February 2, 2011

You're Sweet!

 When I saw the colors over at CR84FN, I knew I had to make this card. Red and turquoise has to be my favorite color combination. It makes me think of a vintage kitchen. In fact, last summer I went and painted most of my house aqua and turquoise, and I love having red accents. 
photo

(red and blue image collage from flickr)



(vintage kitchen from vintage magazine)

See what I mean? I just love that color scheme. 
Anyway back to this card and the CR84FN challenge. This weeks colors are perfectly suited to my taste. 


I cut the cupcake using my cricut and the Hello Kitty cartridge, all the stamps are from a Hampton arts mini flip flop book. I glittered the "frosting"  and the sentiment with Martha's glitter. yum!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love that glittery cupcake and you rocked that color challenge! And that's a photo of your kitchen? Cool, it matches the challenge photo perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card...those colors are just gorgeous together!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, LOVE the sparkly frosting and the sparly sentiment! Pretty cupcake paper. LOVE the paper you used for the cupcake paper, too! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Danielle! What a delicious looking cupcake! Love the yummy frosting and heart on top :) The shimmery sentiment looks fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous!! So yummy :) Such a sweet cupcake cake. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous!!! you did a great job with that challenge and i LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lorraine- no thats not my kitchen, Its a Kitchen from a vintage magazine. But its cool isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card Danielle. The cupcake looks yummy and even comes with a cherry on top. :)
    Thanks so much for playing at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card Danielle! Delicious looking cupcake!!! Gorgeous button, pin and seam binding! Great job! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN! Hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Danielle, you deserve to win the CR84FN challenge if only for the fun collection of photos you've shared. That wouldn't be the case, though, because your card is win-worthy, too. The hearts stamped on gingham, a glittered sentiment and borders of yummies all come together to make a scrumptious card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful use of this weeks colors, love the yummy cupcake! Thanks for playing at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet card, Danielle! Thanks for sharing your photos, too.. So glad you joined us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete