Thursday, February 3, 2011

Party Girl

So i've been having a hard time getting the colors right in my photos lately...I wonder if I accidentally changed a setting? I don't know... any tips? It seems as though the most saturated colors in the photo appear warmer than in real life. I tried messing with photo editors but no luck.. Does the ISO value mess with colors? Thats the only thing I can think of. 
Anyhow. After that large disclaimer here is another card!


I finally cut up some crafty secret scraps that i've had for a little while. I love this little girl's expression, its so shy and cute. I gave her a little crown and some pearls on her dress and crown.



I made this card as an entry for the Shabby Tea Room design team call.
Here is the inspiration photo. My train of thought was like this: PINK. Polkadots. Black. Girly. 
Tea PARTY. and then of course SHABBY!


I would have so much fun designing for The Shabby Tea Room! Cross your fingers for me. :o)



15 comments:

  1. So shabby chic. Love the color combo. I think this is fabulous for the DT call. She would be crazy not to take you. :)
    I have my camera set to high ISO. If it isn't the photos don't look good...but these actually look great. I wouldn't worry at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely STUNNING shabby and vintage creation! We appreciate your interest in our current DT call ... GOOD LUCK :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! So sweet and shabby too. I'm pleased you enjoyed my flower tutorial - be sure to send me a note when you post one of your beauties. I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My! This is amazing!!! and totally deserving of the three exclamation marks.;-) I love how shabby it is with a real dash of gold old fashioned fun. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card! All the elements just flow..especially like the little girl and how you "dressed her up".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingers crossed. This is an amazing creation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute! Everything about it is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous wee girl, the card is stunning, best of luck with your DT application!

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfectly shabby & vintage!! awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a little sweetie!!! I love the banner as well...adorable design all around!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on making it on to the DT! You certainly deserve it with your gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Danielle!!! Congratulations on making the DT!!! I knew you would make it!!! I just love your shabby chic / vintage style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Danielle - all you creations were stunning! You will have loads of fun being part of the DT at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on making the design team! Your vintage style is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This project is gorgeous!! Congratulations on making the team! I look forward to working with you! Your work is fabulous!!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete