Saturday, February 26, 2011

Celebrate buttons!





What a special treat, being a guest designer for Card Patterns sketch#104.
When I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to use 6 buttons for the 6 squares, and everything else just came together. Of course all the PTI button inspiration, from last week, helped! 


I used some fabric scraps, and layered them onto a large manila tag.
I had a lot of fun going through my Papertrey Ink Vintage Buttons, to find the perfect ones for this card. Then I threaded them with some button twine and glued them to the squares.  Fun! 


The papers I used are October Afternoon, I love that green polka dot. The fabric scraps are Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane and I'm pretty sure the yellow floral is from Windham's storybook collection. 
I hope you're feeling a little inspired to play with this fun sketch! 


16 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the fabric and buttons - love the vintage look. And congrats on being the Guest Designer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the little pink bow and the little 'celebrate' tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how CUTE!!!! Love the pinked fabric squares with the buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cuteness!! You are so artsy!! Love this so much, Danielle!! Everything from you came out so perfect!! Enjoy your day! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply fabulous! I adore those ribbon tabs and the tiny well crafted "Celebrate" tag. These little details just bring the magic all together don't they? I must give working with textiles a go. You've done it so wonderfully. The little fabric swatches are so very dear. Another masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Danielle, your cards are a real treat just to look at! you're very clever. cheers Trish :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guest designer is well deserved, beautiful card. Love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! This is so pretty!!!! Congrats on the guest designer gig, well deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle..so sweet! I really like how you put little pieces of fabric behind each button! This looks like a fun challenge..I might just have to give it a try! Congrats on being guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! How fun to be the guest designer! You did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. *another* comment from me LOL. Danielle where do you get that crinkly ribbon from, pink ribbon in your pic. Can't wait for the next crafty eye candy from you. thanks Trish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! I really like the fabric accents.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just discovered your blog via Jean Martin - can't believe I have not come across it before! I love your card. That cute button card is a great interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card with great vintage feel. The buttons and fabric are just perfect for this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning vintage look - those buttons work so well. I'm a great fan of Heather Bailey too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is wonderful!! great job :-)

    ReplyDelete